→recto: Diagonal Knot Mug Cozy @ Purl Avenue
↓recto: Cotton Twirl Squares Baby Blanket @ Straw
←verso + DIY inspiration: Silvie Mug Cozy @ A Cook By The Book
2 Knitting Needles
1 Big Sewing Needle
1 Small Sewing Needle
What to do:
- Cast on 22 stitches.
- Work 2 rows in garter stitch (by knitting and purling alternate rows).
- First Set of Blocks:
- Row 1: K2, *K6, P6, K6*, K2
Row 2: K2, *P6, K6, P6*, K2
- Repeat these two rows until a total of 6 rows are completed.
- Second Set of Blocks:
- Row 1: K2, *P6, K6, P6*, K2
Row 2: K2, *K6, P6, K6*, K2.
· Continue alternating Sets of Blocks until a total of 14 sets are complete = 84 rows.
· End by working 2 rows of garter st to match beginning border.
- Bind off .
- Trim ends and weave in. Sew buttons to opposite sides of the loops.
- Button up your cup!